Stranraer heralds the beginning of the A75 trunk road that stretches through almost the entire length of Dumfries and Galloway, connecting Stranraer to Dumfries and beyond.
Stranraer has five public car parks. Please be aware that some locations have restrictions on length of stay and require the display of a parking disc.
- Hannover Square: Stranraer, DG9 7AG – 143 spaces (Long Stay and Disc Zone)
- Rose Street: Stranraer, DG9 7EN – 70 spaces (Disc Zone)
- Port Rodie: Stranraer, DG9 7EE – 238 spaces (Long Stay)
- Harbour/Marine Lake: Stranraer, DG9 7JY – 200 spaces (Long Stay)
- Fisher Street: Stranraer, DG9 7RQ – 90 spaces (Long Stay)
- Park Primary School: Stranraer, DG9 7NW – 100 spaces (Long Stay)
A regular train service connects Stranraer to Glasgow and Kilmarnock via Ayr. For timetables and tickets please click on the link bellow www.scotrail.co.uk/plan-your-journey/stations-and-facilities/str
Stranraer Station is located only a short 10 minute walk from the town. On exiting the station follow the road for approximately ¼ mile until you reach the junction facing The North West Castle Hotel. Turn right onto Cairnryan Rd and follow the road into the town centre.
For more information travel offers please visit the Stena Line website: www.stenaline.co.uk/ferries-to-ireland
From Dumfries: The Stagecoach 500/X75 operates a regular timetabled service between Dumfries to Stranraer.
From Glasgow/Ayr/Girvan: The Stagecoach 58/358/60/360/X77 operates a regular timetabled service.
From Portpatrick: The Stagecoach 367 operates a regular timetabled service between Portpatrick to Stranraer.
Information regarding timetables and ticketing can be found on the Stagecoach website: www.stagecoachbus.com