JOB TITLE: Youth Activities Engagement Officer
LOCATION: Stranraer Development Trust
RESPONSIBLE TO: Stranraer Development Trust Chairman
GRADE: Full-time salary £25,000pa
HOURS: 35hrs per week Duration: 12 months
1) To work as part of a team to establish the needs and wishes of young people in Stranraer and to encourage their engagement with a new youth work programme
2) To run evening programmes based on issues important to local young people
3) To advise, support and offer encouragement to young people aged 10 – 25
4) To work with the other youth workers and any volunteers to provide a range of positive opportunities for young people
5) To promote the active participation of young people in the community
6) To support volunteers during youth work sessions when required
7) To evaluate youth work sessions as and when requested
8) In the long term, to support the development of a young leader’s volunteer programme and encourage young people to enrol on award schemes, such as Saltire Awards and Youth Achievement Awards
1) Ability to relate to and support young people
2) Ability to work effectively as part of a team
3) Ability to take a democratic and non-judgemental approach to working with young people.
4) Enthusiastic, team player, who has experience in working ‘on the ground’ in a youth work context
5) A good basic knowledge of youth work procedures.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
1) Possible evening and weekend work
2) The successful candidate will require a satisfactory PVG check
Applications with CV and covering letter should be submitted for the attention of Romano Petrucci – Chairman, Stranraer Development Trust. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 5pm 31st May 2022. Interviews to be held in Stranraer on 7th June 2022.
By submitting an application, it is confirmation of your availability for interview on this date.