|Chopped fresh parsley||30ml|
|Garlic cloves finely chopped||2|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||2.5ml|
- Scrub the mussels thoroughly, scraping off any barnacles and pulling out the gritty beards. Sharply tap any open mussels and discard any that fail to close.
- Place the mussels and water in a large pan. Cover and steam for 5 minutes until the mussels have opened.
- Drain the mussels, discarding any that have remained closed. Snap the top shell off each mussel, leaving the mussel attached to the bottom shell.
- Balance the shells in a flameproof dish, packing them closely so they stay level.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, olive oil, parmesan, parsley, garlic and black pepper.
- Place a small amount of the mixture on top of each mussel.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes until mussels are sizzling and golden.