JOB TITLE: Youth Activities Sessional Worker
LOCATION: Stranraer Development Trust
RESPONSIBLE TO: Stranraer Development Trust Chairman
RATE OF PAY: 12phr
HOURS: 5 hours a week. Fixed position for 8 weeks commencing in autumn 2023, with the expectation that this will continue up to the end of May 2024.
1) To work as part of a team to establish the needs and wishes of young people in Stranraer and to encourage their engagement with ongoing youth work programme
2) To assist with evening programmes based on issues important to local young people
3) To advise, support and offer encouragement to young people aged 10 – 25
4) To work with the other youth workers and any volunteers to provide a range of positive opportunities for young people
5) To promote the active participation of young people in the community
6) To support volunteers during youth work sessions when required
1) Ability to relate to and support young people
2) Ability to work effectively as part of a team
3) Ability to take a democratic and non-judgemental approach to working with young people.
4) Enthusiastic, team player, who has experience in working ‘on the ground’ in a youth work context
5) A good basic knowledge of youth work procedures.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
1) Possible evening and weekend work
2) The successful candidate will require a satisfactory PVG check
Applications with CV and cover letter should be submitted for the attention of Romano Petrucci – Chairman, Stranraer Development Trust. Email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5pm on 29th September 2023, with interviews expected at the beginning of October 2023.
By submitting an application, it is confirmation of your availability for interview during this time.